Wednesday, August 7, 2013

--I am not going to fix spelling. Hope it doesn't drive you all crazy! Cheryl---
 
Hola!! Another week has gone here in Mexico City. Now I only have a few more days left here in the CCM!! I still dont know what day I leave, I am guessing monday because that is when the latinos always leave but it could be tuesday. I should find out tomorrow. Believe me I wish I new too!!
We are all super happy to be leaving. I am a little worried about the language but I am feeling more comforable. I have done many hard things in my life. I know i was only able to do those things becuase of the lord and I know this is the same. I will just continue to do my best and I know the lord will raise me higher. I am really excited to get out and really interact with people and really start my mission.
The ccm is getting really full. I think there are 650 people here now. WE had to move classes again yesterday. This is our 4th time moving. This time our class is half the size of our old one so it is tiny, But we really only have 2 or 3 more full days in the class room so it wont be bad. On friday we have in field orientation all day and sunday is our church schedule, so really just thursday and saturday. Hopefully we leave on monday. They told us yesterday that the peru and argentina MTCs are full, so next week this mtc is getting and additional 50 missionaries they werent planning on. Yes, It will be nice to leave. I have loved watching it grow in size and change each week. It has been interesting. It is so much more organized for the new people but for us it was lacking a little.
Yesterday was a little bit of a crazy day. Along with moving classes I guess there was a small earthquake. I was sitting in my room after exercise and I heard a really loud alarm. I went outside to figure out what was happening and the cleaners were all running down the stairs. So I went and started banging on the door to the bathroom because my companion was in the shower. We get down there and the alarm just stoped. Apperently it was big enough to set the alarm off but small enough not to feel a thing. We felt a bigger earthquake two weeks ago when we were in the temple. It would have been nice if someone would have told us, "If you hear a really loud alarm get out of the buildings because it is an earthquake!!" All of the americans were so confused.
On a random not I must have a strong stomach or a great digestive system. Because this food hasnt affected me very much at all but everyone in my district are having problems. Two of our hermanas were sick this week, and the elders are having harder stomach experiences. I guess that is good and I hope it continues into chile. All of my district exept my companion and I are going back to the states so they always say that they will think of us when they are eating normal food.
One thing I really have noticed is I miss music! Not even regular music but church music. Here we arent allowed to listen to music. I am excited to get out into the field where I can listen to music again.
Well I think that is everything exciting for this week. Yes, I know music and food and moving class rooms are super exciting and just what you wanted to hear about today. I am really excited to go to chile though. Our latinos that we sat with at all of the meals left on monday. (We are the next ones to leave!!!) They said it is a 13 hour flight to chile! I went on a 15 hour flight to china but this is still long.
I was thinking about all of the amazing spiritual experiences I have already had on my mission. This week specifically I have had two that stick out. On sunday I was a little afraid of the idea of leaving the ccm and was doubting myself. In the shower (I know wierd, but the only place I am alone) I prayed, really prayed for help. I had such a strong spirit come over me. I have experienced this before in other times of my life but it was great to feel it again in this time of need. Also, just last night I was laying in bed and the spirit was so strong. I though about how I can feel other peoples prayers for my. I realized for the first time how you are able to feel others prayers for you. It was an awesome experience! Pray sincerely everyday. That is what I am trying to do better at. Have a conversation with God dont just think you have to do a normal public pray in private. Just talk, he will always listen.
I love you all so much. I will talk to you in Chile!!!
Te amo
Elder Hamilton
 
Beautiful day of peace and rest, bright be thy dawn from east to west! (Shout out to the boyers, val, and liv)
 
Por favor, manteganse alejado de las puertas!!