Monday, July 21, 2014

Growing My Faith





Hi everyone
This week was really great. To start of I didnt change and we didnt even have changes. So we are going to be together for 6 more weeks. This will be the longest that either of us have had together with a companion. I am excited to be here still, we are working with some great people and are hoping to have some baptisms. Things are going better with my companion. he has a lot more excitement to work and everything. We have learned a lot together and I know that we are going to learn more. 
This next week  if all goes well we will have a baptism this sunday. We are teaching this man named Javier. he is 29 and single. He was listening to the missionaries before I got here but we couldnt find him for a long time. We started teaching him like a month and a half ago. He is really great and has a lot of desire to make the changes needed to get baptised. He says that he wants to change is life. During this time he has made a lot of changes in his life and he wants to make more. This last monday we had a lesson with him that was the best lesson I have ever had in my mission. The spirit was so strong and was guiding us like I have never felt before. We were teaching him about the commandments including the word of wisdom and the law of chastity. El espiritu guided us so we knew exactly what he needed to hear. He has progresed a lot which is so great to see. He is going to have his interview this week and We hope that all goes well so he can be baptised the next sunday. 
Also In the whole week we felt guided by the spirit. We were able to find a lot of new investigators and have a lot of great experiences.  Yesterday our convert from may got a calling in the primary which is so awesome. She is so great and is progressing so well. We are hoping that she can go to the temple in august. 
Like I said this week was really great. I am excited for this next week. We are going to have conferences with the president and someone from the seventy. I love it when we have conferences.  I am excited to see what they have for us. I am focusing on trying to do things better. In the last conference they talked about how we can do better everyday. I have been studying about faith and I am working on focusing my studies and goals in growing my faith. If we have more faith we are going to be obedient and work harder. 
I am really grateful this week for the spirit and its guidance in my life. Thanks for all you are doing to support me. Please pray that all goes well with Javier this week. I love you and pray for you all. 
I love you all
Love Elder Hamilton