Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Adventure Begins!!

Tynan officially became Elder Hamilton Monday night as he was set apart by our stake president Pres. Chris Randall, with Bishop Todd Seamons present.  We had a beautiful evening with special blessings and testimonies.  It was special to have both sets of Grandparents with us.


We were up and out the door by 4 am
Arrived at the airport first! Luggage weighed 51 pounds and 47- thankfully they let it go and didn't make us do any rearranging.  It was so much fun to watch excited elders come into the the airport ready to go.  We saw about 14 elders, all going to the new Mexico City MTC. Missions included Chile Concepcion, Washington State and Tampa Florida. Tynan's traveling companions- Elder Evans and Elder Wardman are both going to Chile Vina del Mar. It was fun to meet their families and talk about how we will all see each other again in 2 years. 
Tynan had to say a lot of hard goodbye's the last couple of days but he has waited so long for this opportunity to head out on this adventure to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ.  










And the best news of the day- just got his first email!!

Hey mom I just got here to the Mexico MTC! It is going to be so great! There was nine of us on our flight from salt lake to atlanta. In atlanta we met up with 30 more people who left salt lake at like 8 this morning. Today is the first group of missionaries coming from the united states. When the salt lake group got here there was already some other people here who got here earlier from other places around the united states. For how big the MTC is there is  not very many people here but maybe that is because it is 9 oclock and they are other places. I met my companion, I dont know his name but he is from california and seems really great and motivated!
So you know how we thought there were going to be a bunch of people from the provo MTC running things...
Nope most of the people know very little english. So I guess I should learn pretty fast, Hopefully. They were taking pictures at the airport for the ensign so keep a look out for that and I they might do an article for the LDS News.
I dont know my schedule at all yet. We just got here put our things in our room and came here. They did a little spanish test before. Hopefully they got the point that I don´t know very much. But it should be good! I am really excited to be here!
The campus seems really nice I cant wait to walk around during the day!
I love you guys so much. Just expect another email from me in the next week I guess. im not sure when. Ill be able to tell you more when I write you then.
It is so wierd being on this end of things. I have always been the one reading the emails. Now I am wearing the tag and writing the emails! 
I love you! Talk to you Soon!
Love
  Elder Hamilton

Now the mission has really begun!
Cheryl