Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Food



Hi Mom
This week was really good. We have been really busy and have been working with some really good people. Elias, the guy who is struggling with smoking, is still progressing but we are waiting a little longer for his baptism. He has a lot of questions because he has studied a lot of religion. We are also teaching a family. The Morales family. They are really good a are progresing a lot. The dad is  less active for the last 20 years or so. He lived in our area and then moved 20 ago and lost contact with the church. Now he has a family and they just moved back to the area. So we are teaching them and they are progressing a lot. The dad wants to get back into the church. In the family there is patricia his wife, Carolina 19, Orlando 17, genises 7, and rosa maria 5. We started teaching carolina and orlando before we had met the dad or knew that he was a member. The mom always was listening from the other room and slowly she came closer and closer. Then one day she said that she was reading in the book of mormon and she liked it. They all havent come to church yet. Last week carolina and her dad came. And yesterday orlando and his dad came. We are excited to see them progressing. Even if it is slow it doesnt matter as long as they are progressing. We are really trying to work with the members more right now because we have seen how important it is. It is good because we have a lot of members who are willing to help us in lessions and be friends to the investigators. 
I really like this area and am hoping that I will be here for the next change too. We have 2 more weeks of this change, I cant believe that it has already been 4 weeks in this change. It really flys by. During the week we always are having meetings or interchanges so it isnt like we are doing the same thing every single day. That is nice because before my mission I was worried that I was going to get bored but we are always doing new things. This week we had a zone meeting that was really great.  Today we have interviews with my president after this. They are in our house so we have been cleaning. It has been nice, I dont know why but cleaning is so relaxing for me. I am excited to have the interview, I always like when I get to talk with the president. 
Many of you have asked about food. I love the food generally. I really like empanadas. The worst thing i have eaten is foo foo. I dont remember if I told you guys but I ate a bunny. I thought it was just chicken that was a little harder than normal and then we were talking and they said it was a rabbit. It was a little wierd for me because we have a rabbit but I still ate it. It really didnt have that great of taste. Not like it had a bad taste but rather that it just didnt have any taste. Im going to stick to bunnies as a pet no a food. haha. But Really the food isnt that different. We eat a lot of salad and soup before the main thing. Then  like chicken or meat and rice. A lot of potatos, like fries and mashed potatoes. For desert we have a lot of fruit. So I dont really want to call that desert because for me desert is like Ice cream or maglebys cake (That sounds so good right now) but I like fruit too so its fine. haha.
I am glad to hear that you are all doing good. I am so happy that erin had the oportunity to go to the temple. I love you all}
Les Amo
Elder Hamilton


Our cute little bunny Foo Foo!  Poor Tynan!