Monday, January 27, 2014

Chocolate helps everything!

Hola 
This week was great. It is always so fast. I cant believe it is monday again. And we are at the end of the month which is crazy and another end of a change. We will see this wednesday what is going to happen with the changes and if I am going to get changes. I sort of think that I will change but we will see. Nothing really exciting or crazy happened this week but It was still a good week. We have a baptism scheduled for saturday so hopefully that will go through. It is with Elias. He his really great and has been fighting to get to this baptism. He has had a problem all of his life with smoking and we are trying to help him overcome it for good. He has been doing really good. We gave him chocolate and told him that when he has the temptacion to smoke he needed to each a piece of chocolate and it seems to be working really well. Now he might get addicted to chocolate but hey they word of wisdom doesnt say anything about that. haha. And then the next week we have a youth that has a date to be baptised. Him and his family are really great. He has a lot of friends with the young men in the ward and this week is even going with them to a camping trip that they are doing. 
I am a little nervious about the changes. Im not really nervious about changing areas I more just want to know if I am going to change or not. This patience thing always has been hard for me. I feel like I am learning to be a lot more patient but it is really hard when it is about something as big as a new area. But I will just have to wait and see what is going to happen. I would be happy either way. I would love to be here for the next change because we have two baptisms with people that I have been working with from the beginning and I really have liked this area a lot. But also if I change areas I will be excited to get to know a new place. 
I cant believe that we are one month into the year this year. And now we are going into feb. which is a short month. (Ok maybe only by three or four days but still a little shorter) I cant believe that time is going by so fast. I will have 7 months in my mission the next monday. It goes so fast. I really love what I am doing and I can definately tell that I am learning and growing here as a person and spiritually. I think I told you but we are focusing a lot on the book of mormon this year as a mission and everyday we are reading 30 minutes in the book of mormon. I have loved this and really have learned a lot about the book. It really is the key to our religion. I love that we can learn so many things from the book of mormon. Maybe everytime we read it it is the same book but with the spirit we can learn new things that we need in our lives. I know that if we can read even just a few verses every day we can have the spirit with us more. I love you all so so much and hope that you all have a great week. 
I love you
Les Amo
Elder Hamilton