Monday, March 3, 2014

Power of the Priesthood

Elders Hueratas and Hamilton with Pres. Kähnlein

Hola Familia
This week was great. I absolutely love what I am doing. Everyday I am learning so many new things in my life about the gospel and how I want to live my life so that I can endure to the end. I am so grateful that god gives us the opportunity to serve full time as young men. I definately have seen myself grow a lot. I cant believe today is my eight month mark it is going so fast and I am learning so much. 
Yesterday I had a little bit of a scary but powerful experience. We were in our gospel principals class for the investigators and this man came in for the last 20 minutes. I didnt know who he was and just guessed that he was someone from the sisters side. We were teaching and really close to the end of the class when he screemed, froze and fell on the ground head first. He was bleeding from his head and shaking. There was a sister in the class from the stake that used to do things in the medical work so we ran and got paper towels to try to stop the bleeding. When I got back she turned to me and told me that I needed to give him a priesthood blessing. I went to do it and I had the strongest spiritual experience with a blessing that I have ever had. I really felt completely like the holy ghost was working through me and the priesthood that I have. After the blessing he was calm and stoped shaking so that the sisters could better stop the bleeding. After like 20 minutes the ambulance came, yes they really are very slow here. By that time the bleeding was stoped and he was able to respond to questions and stuff. I realized in this the power and importance of the priesthood in our lives. We really need to live worthy so that an any second we can respond to the call to give a blessing to someone who really needs it. Also it was amazing to see that god puts people in the right place that they need to be to help. We had 3 sisters really close when this happened that were able to help us fast and they knew what they needed to do. 
I love that everyday I am able to learn different things. I know that there is a great power in the priesthood that all of us can have if we live in acordance with the will of god. I am learning a lot more about the will of god and how he works through his servants to help others and to progress his work here in the earth. Yesterday the ward also got new primary and relief socioty presidents. At first I was a little disapointed because we have been working so well with the leaders or those both organizations more than with others for our investigators. Then I thought about the changes in the church and how really they are testamonies that god still speaks to us. That is the mesage the church has for the world that god spoke to joseph smith and that everyday god still speaks to the world through his leaders and servants here. I hope that I can live my life so that I can always be called by god in whatever he needs me to do. 
I love you guys so much. I am so happy to hear that Kevin is going to get his call soon. I am guessing that he will go to new zealand. Let me know what happens and where he is going. I have had my call for over a year now and I feel like it was just last month that I got it. 
I love you all. Have a great week this week. 
Remeber to stay strong, Pray Always, And Look for the blessings in life. (It makes you way happier to look for the good) 
Les amo
Elder Hamilton