Tuesday, April 29, 2014

New Area!

Hola Familia
I have had a lot of things happen this week!! It was a great week with everything. First off... I changed areas. Now I am in the zone right next to my old zone. I was in Quilpue and now I am in Belloto. They are neighbors. I am with Elder Rodriguez from Argentina. he lived in the usa for 3 years when he was younger so he speaks english really well. He almost has 6 months in his mission. Also I am now a district leader in my area. I am really excited for the opportunity I have to serve the other missionaries. I am a little busier everyday now. When I get home in the night I call all of the missionaries and talk about their day and see if they need anything. Also I lead a meeting that we have every wednesday to get advice in how we can help the investigators more. It has gone well so far and I am learning a lot. I have 6 other missionaries in my district. 4 Elderes and 2 sisters. It will be a great experience to learn and improve. 
Here in my area we have some great people. The ward isnt very big. 60-80 people each week but they are great people who are excited to work. The ward went to the temple on saturday and I had a great experience with that. On friday in lunch we were talking with a couple that was going to go to the temple on saturday. They had papers to write names on to put in the temple for the prayers and told us that we could write some names down. I got filled with such a great spirit and was so happy to have this moment that I could feel the blessings of the temple literally in my life. I was so glad that I could write down some names of people here and of my family. 
The investigators here are really great too. We have one woman here that is going to get baptized in may. When the missionaries started teaching her. She didnt want to do anything to get baptized or join the church or anything. After time while she was reading the book of mormon, praying, and going to church she started to see the blessings and receive her answer. Now she is really excited to be in the church and to be making these changes in her life. I love seeing these changes in the people. We talked about the word of wisdom this week and it was so powerful how with her new found testimony it wasnt hard for her to make the decision to change. It is amazing what the gospel and the spirit can do in the lives of the people. 
On saturday we had the opportunity to go to valparaiso again and help with the fire victims. We were building houses which was pretty cool. This whole city is famous because it litterally is a city that the people just started. It wasnt planned out the people just started building houses. That is something really popular here. The people just take some land and build a house and when there are enough people there the government builds other houses and gives them a house or the land. I know it sounds wierd but it is true. The government gives a lot to the people. So that is why the fire was so big. The government didnt plan the city the people did so their really werent plans for a fire like that. It has happened before and to be honest it will happen again because the people are just building in the same spot without making the needed protections. It is  sad but it is like that a lot in chile. 
I am doing really great and am excited for this next week. Oh and we had interviews yesterday with our president so that is why we have pday today. It went really well. It is always so great to see him and be able to talk to him even if it is just for 10-15 minutes. I am excited for the new calling I have to be a district leader and hope I can help the missionaries do the work better and give the love and support. I love you all so much and hope that you all have a great week. 
I love you
Les amo
Elder Hamilton




 This was a photo on the mission blog. Shows great work being done.