Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Mission Movie Theater





Hola mi querida familia
This week was great. I know I say that often and you probably are all sick of the same old things that I am saying week after week. But I do enjoy each day. To start off this week I want to talk about my favorite part of the week. Yesterday we had a zone conference which was so great. I loved it. The highlight was that we got to watch Meet the Mormons!!!!!!! It was so awesome. I sent you a picture of the set up. They had it like it was a little movie theater. We even got a little bag of popcorn and a small water bottle. I loved it so much. If you havent seen it you need to do so. The experience of the member were so great I especially loved the last one about the mother and her son going on the mission. Her story is so inspiring to know that God is leading us, as members, by the hand to bless others lives with the gospel. And as you could probably guess a lot of people were crying at the end including me. I was just so happy and thankful for the gospel in my life. When it showed the mom saying goodbye to her son so many memories came through my head as I thought about the last few months I have been able to have in my mission. I am so grateful for each opportunity that we have because of the gospel. It helped me to really focus on how the things I teach are going to help people in their lives. We arent just teaching to share information rather to see these miracles in their lives. I loved the conference so much and am so grateful that we were able to have it. They always give me a great spiritual boost. 
This week were were able to find 5 new investigatores and are looking forward to working with them. We are teaching two siblings, I have talked about them before, named M and D. We are working with them alot so that they can progress. We have really been working on letting them have spiritual experiences to motivate them to make the needed changes in their lives to obey the commandments. They are really great and understand things really well but it is hard for them to change their culture. It is something really hard for people here and I bet in the whole world. 
I want people to understand and accept these blessings in their lives so they can feel the happiness that only comes through christ. As I learn more and more about the gospel I see more and more of the things that I need to change. what you told me today mom was perfect and exactly what I needed. As you study more about Christ you realize that there is so much more that you need to do to repent. I get frustrated sometimes and am really working on patiently going through everything one thing at a time. My companion is such a great example to me and I am so grateful for him. There is so much to learn in life and the mission and I just sometimes dont feel like there is enough time to do it. I am so grateful for the atonement that helps us change. The church is doing a new video for easter that our president showed us yesterday. It is very similar to the video they did the year before and I love how it helps me apply the power of the atonement in my life. 
I love you all so much. Thanks for the examples that you are in my life. 
Elder Hamilton
 Cactus Fruit

 Elder and Sister Cluff from the office