Monday, September 23, 2013



¡Hola mí familia!
This week was great. Our numbers this week werent so great but it was really hard with the fiestas here. It really is for a whole week they werent lying. But it was fun and enjoyable. The food was so great. We had a lot of food for meals and so after 18 which is the main day I was a little sick on friday but I was able to work through it. Saturday we had a party with the ward which we were aloud to go for three hours. That was really fun. There werent many people on the street or in their houses and when they were they didnt want to talk to us very much. We did find a few people we really like and are going to try and work with them. We thought we were going to have people at chuch yesterday but no so that is a bummer. 
One really fun thing this week was for saturday and sunday there were three of us in the companionship. A missionary that leaves tomorrow was serving in the north part of the mission and so for the days he needed to be down here for interviews and before he left he was with us. So that was fun having someone else. Especially someone really close to being done and asking for advice. His advice is very similar to everyone elses. Be obedient, Work hard and have fun. So that was fun. Last night was his interview with the president so we got to spend some time at the mission home. That was nice to talk to hermana kehnlein and their family for a little bit. I found out that they have a house in ceder hills! I dont know exactly where but I thought that was interesting. She said that after their mission they are going to decid what to do. Go back to argentina or to utah. I think they are going to go to utah. He probably will be a general authority. He just is that type of person. He is great. Also interesting is my group will be the last group they see off in the mission because the group that gets here this week will be with the new president for their last change. 
I feel like my spanish is still coming. I am able to talk more in lessions and in regular conversation so that is nice. Yesterday I gave a talk in chuch which went well. Like 10 minutes so that was really good. I think people were able to understand. It is wierd that I have been here for 1 change already. SO fast!! I find out on wednesday if I change or stay here. I am hoping that I stay here at least one more change. The president doesnt like changing people to much I dont think. Most people I have talked to only have like 5 areas by the end of their mission so we will see. 
The walking actually isnt too bad for me. Still tiring but I am getting used to it. A day at disneyland is going to be a cake walk after two years. When other missionarys come to my area they are really tired so I can tell that I have gotten stronger over the last six weeks because I remember when It was that hard for me at the beginning. 
Yes it is spring here but actually it is colder now than before because of the wind from the ocean. It can get really cold when we are walking and after the sun goes down. but my coat is great. On pdays we study, go shoping, write, and sometimes do stuff with the district or zone. Last monday and today we are playing soccer. I am better than I thought I was, not like the chileans though. 
I am so happy to hear about kamikos call and it is to chile too. Which mission in santiago is it? (This is a young man that worked with Tynan at Hapari. He is going to the North Saniago) After the mission we will have to talk to eachother about the differences. 
I did reallize something this week. What a blessing I have to be so near to the ocean and have such an amazing view each day. It is so beautiful to look out over the ocean and the beach. I was talking to a hermana that leaves this week to here home because she was at the ward fiesta with the hermanas in our district. She said that this is the first time she has been in viña del mar her whole mission or been by the ocean. The rest of the time she has been in the central areas. So I am very greatful for this and will enjoy the next two days until I find out if I stay here or change. 
I am  doing great! thanks for all of your updates. It is good to hear from you guys!
Te amo muchísimo
Elder Hamilton 

Here are some questions I asked and his answers
Are there lots of dogs??   Yes tons and tons of dogs specificaly in my area I have been told. In the city not very many but in the little areas right outside. yes. There are a lot of dogs on the street and almost every person has a dog too. 
Will you get to go to the temple in Santiago??  Yes!!!! I am so happy about this. I found out yesterday because the missionary that was with us had his agenda for today andtomorrow. THat the last thing you do in the mission is go to the temple. I am so happy because that was one thing I was going to be so sad about if i never got to go to the temple. So I still have like 21 months but it will be worth it. 
What is your schedule during the day??  In my area we wake up at 7 are out about 12:30, because I have more study because I am new, and are in at 9:30 and in bed at 11.
What floor do you live on??   We are on floor 4 and no we dont have an elevator. 

These are sooooo good! Fiesta!