Monday, February 23, 2015

Unplanned but ok

Illapel Desert.  (Looks like central Utah to me)

Hola familia
Estoy muy bien. I had a great week in my sector. Right now we are working with many people who have progressed and have asisted many times but they dont want to comite themselves to baptism. There is a young man we are teaching named M and we had some great lessons with him this week. He says that he knows that the church is true and that joseph smith was a prophet but we didnt know what his doubt was. This week we had a really spiritual lesson and were able to find out his doubt. he is worried about his future. He wants to be a professional soccer player and he was worried about how the church might affect that and thinking about his family. As I have explained in the past. Here in chile it is really common that people are not marriend they just live together. He is also worried about that compromise to marry. We shared with him about why it is important and how we can have trust in god. He still has been a little worried and unsure about things. he has had a hard time reading the book of mormon so we told him that he really needed to read the book to find out if it is true. It made me think about my life. I like things planned as some of you know. I get pretty stressed about a future unplanned. The mission has changed that a little being that I dont have everything planned. I thought about my life and my worries that I have about my future. After thinking it I realized that I still have a lot of things unplanned and I have no idea what I will do with things like school, family, ect. but I realized that I do know what I will be doing with the little things that are most important. I know that I will be reading the scriptures each day and going to church and the temple each week. I know that I will have a family that supports me. I know that I will be alright if I keep doing what I need to be doing. I hadnt realized this change in me until this moment. As I have learned more about what is most important to me in the world and in life all the other disisions and things dont take up my worries. I just focus on the things I have planned. That is what the gosple can give us if we let it. We can live a life without worries when we focus on obeying the commandments and doing the little things that matter most. Then we can just trust god that all will work out ok as we are obedient. I realize more and more each week that I have learned and am learning so much each day. I love it. Each day I write things in my planner when I feel like I need to write it down in my journal. Then when I have time I write it down. I know that at some point in my life I am going to be so grateful for having written all these experiences down. 
Well today I dont have much time. As a zone leader each week my companion and I have to send a weekly report with the investigators to the assistents and this week it was my turn to do it so there was a lot to do. I love you all and hope you have a great week.
Love
Elder Hamilton