Monday, June 30, 2014

ONE YEAR Anniversary!!!

Making cookies with a Sister from the ward

Hi Family
I cant believe it has been a year this week. I feel like I just was in the mtc in mexico. I know that many of you have said that time is going by really slow but for me it has flown by. I love what I am doing and really am looking forward to this next year and teaching more people about this great gospel and knowledge that we are so blessed to have. I have learned a lot. above all I feel like I have learned a ton about patience. This week we were really happy because we were able to teach a converts son. The sister that we baptised last month has 3 kids. We were able to teach one of her sons this week. We had talked to him before but he didnt really want to participate with us in the lessions. This we when we were talking with his mom he was in the lession and so we are hoping that with the support and help of his mom he will start to listen and progress. The sister is really great and really wants her kids to start participating. She has 7, 13, and 17 year olds. It is great to see what the spirit does with new members. Because it is all so new they have such a great excitement to share the gospel with their family and friends. It is important the we never lose this spirit in our lives or that is when we have problems and start to doubt our faith. Like the scriptures and the leaders say we always must doubt our doubts before we doubt our faith. 
I am excited for the fourth of july. I will miss celebrating it again. In lunch the sister said that she is going to do some sort of bbq and we are going to eat hamburgurs today to celebrate. I miss a good old american bbq. It isnt that big but I love the hamburgers and hot dogs done over a fire. haha. I hope you all have a fun day. And enjoy the fireworks. If you get up on the roof becareful. haha. I cant imagine that you are going to get up on the roof though. 
Yes I did go and buy dunkin donuts this week which was so great to have durring the week. I love their donuts filled with dulce de leche. It is so good. haha. It is always great to have some american food. 
I am happy to hear that all is well and you all are enjoying your summer so far. Have a great week. I cant believe that it is already july. Like I have said a few times before. As a mission we are reading the book of mormon 4 times this year and today we finished it for the second time. It is so crazy that we are already half way through the year. 
I love you all so much have a great week and happy birthday america. How greatful I am to have that country. 
les amo much
Elder Hamilton

(I finally got info on what they did during a world cup game, now Chile is out so they won't have to worry about it. I am sure he is happy CH)
This week we had a meeting with our mission leader. He knew they would lose so he didnt care to watch it to much. And then we had lunch. Generally we are walking in the street or teaching the few people that dont like soccer. 

 Elder Rodriguez 
In Chile there is garbage everywhere. It is really sad