Monday, June 2, 2014

Winter is here!

 The District
Happy Birthday Elder R.

Hello
I am doing really great. I am a little sick this week which stinks. But still I am doing good. I just have a cold. The runny nose is the worst. But thats what happens when we enter winter. It is getting a lot colder in the nights so I am starting to wear my coat and everything. But things are going good. This week we will have the chance to change areas but I dont think that we are going to change I think we will be together for another change. 
I have learned a lot thing change about patience and how to help other people. Things have been hard sometimes with my companion but We have strengthened our relacionship and we both have learned a lot and made changes to help the other. It is something that always happenes. every companion is different so I have learned new things from them all. It has really helped me learn how to get a long with others. I have learned that the thing most important is talking. If you dont talk about things they never are going to change and you are going to be frustrated and have a hard relationship for a long time. So we have talked a lot. At the beginning he didnt every really want to talk about things that were bugging him but through changes that he made and changes that I made we started working together better and better. It has been a great learning experence. and I am so happy because I have seen him grow and change a lot these 6 weeks. He is a lot more excited to work and everything. 
Things are going really good. This week we couldnt find a lot of our investigators so that was a little hard but talked with a lot of less actives. It can be a little frustrating when you work with people for a time and they dont fulfill with their promises or dont go to church. I have learned a lot about free agency. To be honest we can only do so much and then there is nothing more that we can do. It is their decision what they do. There are times when I feel like it would be better if I could make them do what they need to do so that they can have the blessings of the gospel but that isnt right. I know what I need to do and I love being here helping the people see more of what they need to do but I cant force them to do antything. I am learning more and more about our responabilities here on the earth and with the church of jesus christ. They are big but if we can work everyday to fulfill them we ca n help so many people. I love that you are reading preach my gosple. I hope that everyone is doing that. It really is how the whole church needs to be run. 
I love you all so so much and hope you have a great week. 
I love you all so much
Elder Hamilton

(In conference Elder Ballard said
"I invite all members, regardless of your current calling or level of activity in the Church, to obtain a copy of Preach My Gospel.....Read it, study it, and then apply what you learn to help you understand how to bring souls to Christ through invitation and follow-up. "
I have been doing this and have been really impressed at the way the gospel is laid out within it.  I suggest using an electronic copy so you can easily click on the scriptures to read.) Cheryl